Friday 29 June 2012

Pepe - Pepe Reina

Date Finished: 13th February 2012

My Thoughts: Pepe gives us an insight into his career in Spain and Liverpool. He speaks very glowingly of the fans and the club, and gives you a real sense of the pride he takes in keeping for LFC.

I love Pepe, absolutely adore him, and I treasure my signed copy of this book very much.

That's why I'm sorry that I'm going to have to pick a few negatives about this one. Pepe repeats himself quite often, he also rambles on a bit in places when really he could get to the point a lot quicker and more precise.

But, of course, this is an autobiography, and perfect literary techniques are not expected.

Although he does pick out the odd moment that's quite entertaining with regards to his antics off the pitch - I can't help but feel that there must be a lot more to Pepe's life than he reveals here. Fair dos to the guy, he wants to keep his home life under wraps; but it's so under wraps that it's less an autobiography and more an account of Liverpool's successes and failings as a club.

Pepe is brilliant: He will always be an entertainer and he will always make me smile. But this one has been written more with fans of the club in mind and less with fans of himself in mind. Not a bad read, but nothing spectacular.


I RATED IT 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment