Friday 29 June 2012

The New York Trilogy - Paul Auster

Date Read: March + April 2012

Paul Auster's signature work, The New York Trilogy, consists of three interlocking novels: City of Glass, Ghosts, and The Locked Room—, haunting and mysterious tales that move at the breathless pace of a thriller.

My Thoughts: I couldn't finish this book as it wasn't entertaining me in the slightest. I loved the concept of it and parts of the book were interesting, but I just couldn't concentrate on it long enough to be fully immersed into it. I reluctantly put it down.

RATED 3/10

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gem!

    Love your background image.

    Just stopped by to say that I do have a problem with Paul Auster's work. Tried to read Leviathan twice, but his writing doesn't seem to have the 'thing' to keep me interested. And, with such an enormous amount of books to read, it always seems to be a shame to spend it on something that it's not giving you the pleasure you're seeking.

    I guess I'll have to try on another occasion.

    (Just followed you via GFC :) )

    Andreia

    ReplyDelete