Friday 29 June 2012

The Killables - Gemma Malley

Date Finished: 2nd April 2012

Everyone accepted that people were different physically. But inside? Inside, they were different too. You just had to know how to tell, what to look for. Evil has been eradicated. The City has been established. And citizens may only enter after having the 'evil' part of their brain removed. They are labelled on the System according to how 'good' they are. If they show signs of the evil emerging, they are labelled a K ...But no one knows quite what that means. Only that they disappear, never to be seen again ...

My Thoughts: One of our fantastic reps from Hodder Publishing gave me this as a reading copy and it looked instantly like something I would love. I got into it straight away and found it really quick and easy to read. The characters (although I couldn't really connect to any of them, especially Evie) were all very different and the brothers Raffy and Lucas were particularly interesting.

The one thing that really stuck out to me as being a little irritating was the fact that everyone's eyes flash with emotions that can't quite be read by anybody else. Also, a few times the with-holding of information gets me in a tizz just as much as it did to Evie (perhaps that's the sign of great suspense).

All in all it's a really good read for young adults that I know will go down well.


I RATED IT 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment