Friday 29 June 2012

Hard Time - Shaun Attwood

Date Read: March 2011

My Thoughts: Shaun Attwood is a legend. When he comes into our store, customers ignore me when I'm serving them at the till because they can hear Attwood talking. He has the most amazing stories to tell and it's well worth a listen.

The book itself is really good. I managed to read it in a couple of days; the characters are so bizarre and the situations that Shaun finds himself in are often very disturbing. Despite the troubled times, the message that comes across from the book is one of pure positivity, mental strength and highlighting the importance of love and support. It's a real winner!

As Shaun says to everyone that walks through the shop door: "It's like Shawshank Redemption except it's all true..."


I RATED THIS 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment