Friday 29 June 2012

Genesis - Karin Slaughter

Date Read: September 2011

Karin Slaughter weaves together moving, powerful human stories of characters as real as they are complex and unforgettable. At the same time she has crafted a work of dazzling storytelling and spine-tingling mystery; as three people, with their own wounds and their own secrets, are all that stand between a madman and his next crime...

My Thoughts: It really does make me wonder as to how Karin Slaughter comes up with the shocking and sickening acts of violence that laced her book. It made my skin crawl!

'Genesis' was tightly written, with some well-rounded characters (I loved Will) that are completely human with all of their flaws and qualities. I am a bit of a sucker for character-driven novels and that really helped me to devour the pages on my lunch breaks, often finding myself strolling back to work a little late.

Her horrific descriptions of torture were shocking, but only really used where necessary (she didn't just chuck it all in for the hell of it). It made me cringe - but didn't keep hounding on about it. However, definitely not a read for someone of a nervous disposition.

I honestly couldn't put the book down and I will definitely be reading more from her, probably starting from the very beginning.


I RATED THIS 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment