Monday 1 July 2013

An Idiot Abroad - Karl Pilkington

My Seven Wonders experience
started today with a trip to get
my injections.
Rated 5.5/10

What happens when a reluctant traveller is forced to visit the seven wonders of the world?

My Thoughts: I like Karl Pilkington. I've watched the tv series and I like to hear him moan and whinge about anything and everything. Some of the things he says, I would have been thinking myself but would not have had the guts to say. I like to see the grittier side of the majestic places often seen on travel programmes.

The book of An Idiot Abroad is okay. I liked it. It's quick and light and easy to read. There is absolutely no need to use your brain whatsoever and it doesn't really shed any light on anything not already included in the programmes. It's not particularly descriptive, not massively funny and definitely not enlightening. There is nothing much else to say about it!!!

There is certainly nothing special about this book, but if you like Karl (or his persona) then it's worth picking up. If you're not a fan or you don't know who he is then you should probably give it a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment